Issue: Moab is rejecting client requests from non-root users.
Affected Versions: All
Symptom: When running any client commands as a user the request is rejected with the following error:
ERROR: server rejected request - could not authenticate client using .moab.key
ERROR: communication error hpc-master:42559 (remote server rejected request, message 'no signature value specified')
Solution: Check the following
- That /tmp is not filled and that the user can write to /tmp
Check that mauth has the following permissions and setting
ls -l /opt/moab/bin/mauth
-r-s--x--x 1 root root 79506904 Mar 26 11:15 /opt/moab/bin/mauth
- It is important that mauth has the same owner and group as the moab binary!
- mauth needs the setuid bit on the owner so that the binary can read the .moab.key wich can only be read as root (chmod u+s mauth).
- Check that the Moab process was not started as another user.
- Check that the .moab.key has 400 as its permissions and is on all submit hosts.
- If you have just implemented the .moab.key you should have stopped Moab before applying the .moab.key.
- Make sure $MOABHOMEDIR is in the environment and that it points to the correct path. By default it will be "/opt/moab/".
Tags: command rejected, key, rejected