I had a site recently try this and claimed it caused major problems because Moab would try to start jobs there. I tested against this here is what I found. (Version: moab server 8.1.2)
This looks like a non-issue unless you purposely try to tie jobs to the non-licensed nodes. Either the customer was mistaken in what he was seeing OR we was not accurately assessing the information. What I think he might have been doing is he placed all his new nodes in a specific class and then submitted to that class so I tested that as well and the jobs automatically cancel once they were considered for the priority reservation.
You cannot comment on this entry